HEALTHCARE ЯEVOLUTION SUMMITS
MENTAL & BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SUMMIT
For years mental and behavioral health has been a stigma, especially in the workplace. In an effort to respect employee privacy, employers, until now have avoided involvement. The repercussions of not addressing the sensitive issues surrounding mental and behavior health are now at a crossroad.
According to the World Health Organization and the National Business Group on Health, mental and behavioral health conditions generate as much as $100 billion in direct costs for employers. Indirect costs are even higher, in addition to lost productivity and a rise in disability claims.
Recently, employers have opened their doors to employees to council on mental health, mental illness and addiction. The truth is it can be messy and sometimes uneasy truths however, all part of the challenge. The importance of promoting mental health as a critical component to overall health and wellbeing, prevention, early identification and intervention is a must for every employer’s healthcare culture.
The Mental & Behavioral Health Summit will explore:
- Building a corporate culture that destigmatizes mental illness in the workplace
- EAP, Education & Resources to help early detection
- Employers legal obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) assisting employees with understanding their legal rights
- Recent Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) guidance on mental health conditions in the workplace
- Direct and honest conversations on such issues impacting mental health, addiction, sex and gender challenges, the opioid epidemic, addiction, post-traumatic stress and depression
- Lesson Learned- Employer’s shared stories on the good, the bad and the ugly
- Digital Coaching & Internet Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (iCBT) as proven strategies with impressive results