A VIP, EMPLOYER AND PAYER GENOMIC CONFERENCE
October 28-30, 2018 | Orlando Convention Center
The field of genomics and precision medicine is set to alter the foundation of how we administer healthcare. By examining an individual’s genome, we create customized medical plans tailor made for them. This is a solution for real engagement, beyond health and wellness by creating informed healthcare consumers with detailed information about their unique health.
Advances in genomic testing have lowered the cost of genomic testing so that is affordable for everyone. This has led to an awakening of the potential of genetic information. Using your DNA we can determine what medications are most effective for you, what the ideal dosage is, and what conditions – if any – you are predisposed to. These advances will make modern diagnosing look like a guessing game.
Yet, many genomic companies are having difficulty procuring enough samples to create a diverse dataset.
In an effort to help advance this exciting field, and bridge the gap between genomic companies and providers, the Employer Healthcare & Benefits Congress and World Medical Tourism & Global Healthcare Congress are excited to bring you a unique conference experience: Healthcare Revolution – The Precision Medicine Conference.
This day and a half event – continently taking place as part of the Employer Healthcare & Benefits Congress and World Medical Tourism & Global Healthcare Congress in Orlando, Fl – will bring together 75 to 100 VIPs from the genomic and employer healthcare industries to educate and introduce both sides to the benefits of working with the other. Employers can provide genetic tests for their employee population that will improve the healthcare employees receive while reducing their healthcare costs overall via improved predictive power. Genomics companies get access to large employers to provide their services and improve the data they collect and warehouse.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to meet and network with VIPs from other employer or genomic companies in order to begin their collaboration right away!
Attendees to the Healthcare Revolution – The Precision Medicine Conference will discover:
• An overview of the genomics industry
• How genomics will affect the healthcare delivery system.
• How including a genomic testing benefit can improve employee health and wellness and lower healthcare costs
• How to approach and pitch genomic testing to large employers
Space is limited, so be sure to register for Healthcare Revolution – The Precision Medicine Conference today!
Introduction & Opening Keynote
- Introduction of Conference Agenda & Speakers
- Jonathan Edelheit, JD – Founder, CEO of GHR and Healthcare Revolution
- Rob Shestack, Chairman & CEO – Voluntary Benefits Association
- Opening Keynote – Future of Genomics and Payers
Session 1 - Legal and Compliance Considerations
- The impact genetic testing will have on MIB data
- Possible negative implications in future coverage or policy restrictions and limitations
- Can genetic testing results be used for pre-ex limitations?
Session 2 - Future of Technology and Precision Medicine
Session 3 - Future of Genomics with Health Insurance and Employer Funded Healthcare
- Medical genomics
- Pharmacogenomics (PGx)
- Cancer genomics (CGx)
- Heart health and other applications within with payer and employer healthcare space
Session 4 - Genetic Testing for Wellness Programs Applicability
- How genomic testing can take health risk assessments to the next level, if not outright replacing them
- What employers can do, and will do, with the data they collect.
- How genomics can boost wellness ROI by improving wellness program participation, engagement and outcomes
- The genetic guidance empowering employees to make positive behavior changes impacting their health
Session 5 - Employer and Payers Objections and Challenges to Genomic Testing and Precision Medicine
Session 6 – Employee Objections and Challenges to Genomic Testing and Precision Medicine
Session 7 - Generational Genomics
- What utilization and adoption of precision medicine look like among the various generations
- How each generation should be engaged and educated
- What genomic companies, employers, insurers and providers need to consider when engaging the generations
Session 8 - Medical Carrier/Health Insurers Adoption of Precision Medicine and Genomics
Session 9 - Benefits Brokers and Genomics – The missing puzzle piece
- Insights, opinions and objections.
- The good, the bad and the ugly in term of adoption amongst their employer clients
- Enrollment and engagement strategies
- Effective employer and employees communication
Session 10 - Self funded Employers and Genomics
- Self-funded employers and Genomics
- Genomics effect on stop loss carriers, MGAs, MGUs
- PGx and CGx testing applications to premium discounts
- Genomics influence on medical, prescription drug, cancer and specialty pharmacy claims.